Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• da3246 6 posts 26 karma points
    Nov 02, 2012 @ 02:07
    da3246

Multiple sites and shared content

I'm configuring a new umbraco installation for one main site and 5 mini sites that all use different domains.

There is content across all the sites that I want to be able to display in other sites.

In the umbracosettingsconfig file, usedomainprefixes was set to true, howerver I was getting page does not exist errors when trying to access content under one site in another site. I changed usedomainprefixes to false and I can now share content between all the sites with alttemplate used to format the page correctly.

I couldn't find much documentation about the correct way to do this and have been doing a lot of trial and error. Is this how others have dealt with this situation?

The one issue I've not resolved is inserting links in the rich text editor on one site to go to another site in my umbraco installation

If I select the page via the content tree, the link doesn't use the domain of the other site, this causes template problems. If I try to type in the full domain of the other site in the url field, umbraco recognises it as a domain in the umbraco installation and removes the url.

This url problem is obviously a result of setting usedomainprefixes to false, but I needed to do that to resolve the first problem.

How can I get umbraco to create the links correctly?

Or is there a better way to achieve what I want?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft