Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James Lau 37 posts 58 karma points
    Nov 12, 2012 @ 11:09
    James Lau

U4.10 ASP.NET Trace spam

I am using the following code to render inline razor c# macro. After upgrade to U4.10, every macro content follow with an asp.net trace. I am still using master page, no MVC template yet. Also,  is it (&umbDebugShowTrace=true) still working on U4.10?

@if (Model.HasValue("BodyText"))
          {
            <div>@Html.Raw(umbraco.library.RenderMacroContent(Model.BodyText.ToString(), Model.Id))</div>
          }

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Nov 12, 2012 @ 13:59
    Stephen

umbDebugShowTrace still works in 4.10 and tracing should be disabled by default.

If I understand correctly the main page does NOT have trace info, but anything that you render through library.RenderMacroContent has. Right?

• James Lau 37 posts 58 karma points
    Nov 13, 2012 @ 02:04
    James Lau

Yes, you are right. One trace follow one macro. 'bodyText' is RTE data may has none or many macro inside it.

• Bert Loedeman 10 posts 30 karma points
    Nov 14, 2012 @ 21:49
    Bert Loedeman

I experience the same on a website I just updated to v4.10.0.1 (production website). The result is in the footer, as shown below (the website URL is http://www.villatropezienne.com.

For the time being, I have added the some JQuery script code to hide the __asptrace div:

<script type="text/javascript">
      $(document).ready(function(){
        $('#__asptrace').css('display','none');
      });
    </script>

I hope this one can be solved quickly though ;) ...
    Cheers, Bert

• Bert Loedeman 10 posts 30 karma points
    Nov 15, 2012 @ 00:06
    Bert Loedeman

I just created a bug report for this one: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1203. Please vote the bug if you experience the problem too. Thanks!

Nov 15, 2012 @ 09:13
    Stephen

This is now discussed at http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1203

• Medjeti 75 posts 126 karma points
    Nov 16, 2012 @ 14:12
    Medjeti

Been struggling with this as well. I even tried parsing the markup using the HtmlAgilityPack, but it seems the trace markup is not valid html, so that was a no-go...

Anyway, here's what seems to be a temporary fix:

Inspired by this post I tried setting trace="false" in /default.aspx - and yay, it seems to do the trick: No more rogue trace information!

Seems a bit more elegant than hiding the markup using css/js. Note that this overrides umbDebugShowTrace, so no more tracing even if you need it, but I'll take that drawback for now.

Nov 16, 2012 @ 14:22
    Stephen

Fixed in 4.11

• Medjeti 75 posts 126 karma points
    Nov 16, 2012 @ 15:34
    Medjeti

Big-ups for the swift action, Stephen.

I just thought I'd share my fix for others who, like me, need a temp solution here and now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft