Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martyn 4 posts 24 karma points
    Nov 23, 2012 @ 02:16
    Martyn

Cannot change template in Umbraco on Windows Azure

Hi there,

I am using umbraco v 4.9.0 (Assembly version: 1.0.4633.18696) on Windows Azure.  Used the Websites setup for umbraco.

I have created document types, templates and content as follows:

MasterDocType
     - HomeDocType

MasterTemplate
     - HomeTemplate

Home

The problem is that having published my home page, and it working, I cannot now update the template.  Eg: If I change the code in the HomeTemplate, such as the title tag, I do not see any changes in the output when viewing the Home page.

It seems that there is a caching problem.

I have even changed the MasterTemplate to have the following code, and still it shows what used to be there:

----

<%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/umbraco/masterpages/default.master" AutoEventWireup="true" %>

<asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolderDefault" runat="server">

Master template here

</asp:Content>

----

What must I do to stop this crazy caching problem?

Thanks,

Martyn

Nov 23, 2012 @ 02:22
    Martyn

Hi again,

I have even been able to save the MasterTemplate successfully with the following code:

----

<%@ Master

</asp:Content>

----

Surely, that should crash.  But instead, it says that the template was saved successfully.  And the page publishes successfully.  And the page content when viewed remains unchaged...

Why is umbraco not updating the content?  Surely it should crash using this invalid code?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Martyn

Nov 23, 2012 @ 03:38
    Martyn

Ok, have uninstalled Umbraco from Azure and reinstalled again.  Seems that the version is now umbraco v 4.10.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.4701.29088)

Looks like it is possible to update the templates now.

Guess there may have been bugs with previous version on Azure.

Cheers,
    Martyn

• Ki 1 post 21 karma points
    Dec 04, 2012 @ 21:57
    Ki

FYI: I think this is an Azure problem.  I run into this often.  I work around it by going to the Azure management tool and doing something like turning the web logging on and off (any change works).  It seems to force Azure to reset the cache (or something) and the templates changes get applied.  I have done things like restart the web site, but it doesn't help, but any change to Azure's diagnostic settings for the site seems to get it going again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft