Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• godwin 6 posts 50 karma points
    Jan 11, 2013 @ 09:44
    godwin

template not displayed in content

Hi i created a template and document type but the template is not seen in the content, i don't no where i am going wrong. pls help

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 11, 2013 @ 10:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Godwin

If you go to the content section and click on one of the nodes and choose the "properties" tab does it then have a template attached to it? Or does it say "choose"?

If it says choose it's because you need to specify the default template that should be set when the document type has been created.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• godwin 6 posts 50 karma points
    Jan 11, 2013 @ 10:57
    godwin

Can u jus explain me in detail, 

I first created a template and i created a document type for it in the same name.

I already have a page in which i need to change the template and whereas this newly created template is not even dispalying in the content section dropdown for template... i dont no where i am going wrong. pls do help me

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Jan 26, 2013 @ 20:51
    Charles Afford

Hi godwin, did you get this fixed?.  You need to create a document type and a template.  Then you need to create an XSLT file and a macro.  Then you need to reference the XSLT within the template.

On the document type you should be able to select which templates you can apply to the document type in the content tree.

Hope this makes sense, if you are still having problems let me know where you are currently at and i will help you out :D.  Charlie. 

• Lukman 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jun 06, 2014 @ 08:34
    Lukman

Hi,

I have already created some document types and used it. Later now I tried to add a document type. I have added successfully and selected the default template also. But when I tried to create a content page, the correcponding document type is not listing in the dropdown list. Please help quick. I am on the way of developing.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft