Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bon Searle 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jan 29, 2013 @ 21:44
    Bon Searle

Hi

I am new to Umbraco and running v4. I've created the main site and its templates and all was very quick and easy. However, there is one thing i cannot figure out.

What i've been asked to do is set up a library of content which using a contentpicker can be inserted into predefined spaces in the main pages that make up the site

For example there are two panes in the template that drives the home page, each one should be able to display any of the content pages listed under shared content. All I can seem to do is display the id of the shared content item rather than the content contained within it.

Any help anyone can give would be very much appreciated!

Bon

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 29, 2013 @ 22:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Bon and welcome to our :)

How do you render the pages? Are you using XSLT or Razor?

You need to fetch the id using an extension like umbraco.library:GetXmlById(propertyname) - but let us know how you render things before we go into solutions mode.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Bon Searle 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jan 30, 2013 @ 08:22
    Bon Searle

Hi Jan

I'm quite new to this, i believe the code snippets i am inserting into my templates is xslt.

The subdocuments are based on templates of their own so that for example you can have a comment one that displays a speech bubble, the editor canuse these templates to create a new piece of content which can be reused on different pages throughout the site.

So for example the hom e page has a space where the editor can pick a subdocument to display in a certain pane, the code i currently have which dispalys the id only is <umbraco:Item field="topBox" stripParagraph="true" runat="server" />

I've been unable to find any detailed docuemtnation with which to solve this for myslef, i hope you can help.

Bon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft