Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jacob 39 posts 88 karma points
    Feb 12, 2013 @ 13:39
    Jacob

Help with Datatype creation - Brand/Model relation

Hello

On a node I would like to be able to add a property where I can choose a brand, and after that a model which is related to that brand.

I figured for the brands I could just make a dropdown where the brands are created as options.

The same could be done for the models, but then there is no relation. When creating a model I would like to be able to select a parent brand. 

When using the above on a node I would like it to be possible to first select a brand, and then be able to select models related to the specific choosen brand.

How would you guys go about implementing somthing like this in Umbraco?

Thanks

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Feb 16, 2013 @ 18:12
    Charles Afford

Hi, what sort of content is a brand and what sort of content is a model?  Charlie :)

• Fergus Davidson 309 posts 588 karma points
    Feb 17, 2013 @ 12:10
    Fergus Davidson

I am not sure whether there is a combo-box datatype anywhere, but i tend to do the following:

set up the 'brand' and the 'model' documentTypes

create the appropriate product structure with brands and their child models [this can either be done in the site e.g. products section, or seperately in a 'shared resources' section

use the multi node tree picker to select models - because of the structure you can get the parent brand from every model

does that help?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft