Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arman 16 posts 50 karma points
    Feb 19, 2013 @ 17:41
    Arman

Problem to Export document type to another umbraco site

Hi everybody, I'm encountering some issues when I try to Export my document types from the umbraco v 4.11.0 to v 6.0.0 , My document types are in parent-child mode, when I try Importing the document type (in which I have Exported from v4.0.0 ), It gives a Null refrence error ( Object refrence is not set to...).

I tried creating a Pakage to contain the document types, but while installing the package in v6.0.0 , it gives the Null exception error again and It will only create the Parent document types, with no childs...

as far as I know I didn't have this problem in earlier versions...

Can anyone show me a solution?

Thanks a lot

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 19, 2013 @ 19:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Arman

What does the XML look like when you export the document types from v4? This might be a bug that should be reported in the issue tracker her issues.umbraco.org/issues/U4

/Jan

• Arman 16 posts 50 karma points
    Feb 20, 2013 @ 07:48
    Arman

The XML looks well-formatted but there is no sign of child document types in the .udt file...

but I used to use the package creator and It would install all the document types (including child ones) to my new umbraco version. but in the V6 there is some problems...

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Feb 20, 2013 @ 12:28
    Jeroen Breuer

Perhaps this is a bug. You can report it here: http://issues.umbraco.org/dashboard#newissue=yes

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft