Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graham Carr 277 posts 389 karma points
    Feb 27, 2013 @ 16:18
    Graham Carr

Nodes unpublishing problem

I have a document type called "FAQ Item", however I have an issue in that the "Remove At" date keeps getting set to the current date and time. If I go into an item and clear the date, then click "Save and Publish", then navigate back to the item, the date has been set to the current date and time again. This happens on existing FAQ items and newly created FAQ items.

Has anyone every experienced a problem like this before?

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Feb 27, 2013 @ 16:30
    Rich Green

Hi Graham,

Very odd problem. 

Do you have any foreign DLL's / custom code that is running on Publish?

It might help to let us know which version of Umbraco you are using.

Rich

Feb 27, 2013 @ 16:32
    Graham Carr

Hi Rich,

There are no foreign DLL's or custom code running from what I can see. Sorry the version of Umbraco is 4.7.1 No other nodes or document types on the website seem to be exhibiting the same issue.

Graham

Feb 27, 2013 @ 16:34
    Rich Green

Hi Graham,

That's definately odd.

If you rename the DocType does the problem still occur?

Rich

Feb 27, 2013 @ 17:06
    Graham Carr

Hi,

I have just tried renaming the DocType and the problem doesn't occur, then I put it back to it's original name and the issue occurs again. I don't really want to have to change this, republish all the nodes and change the search and listing functionality however if I really don't have to. Can you think of any reasons or things I can check that might be causing this issue with this particular DocType?

Graham

Feb 27, 2013 @ 17:09
    Rich Green

Hi Graham,

All i can think is that there is some custom code / package / gremlin that is looking for that particular DocType (but you said there isn't).

Apart from that, really no idea, would be one of the strangest bugs I've heard of.

Rich

• Barry Fogarty 493 posts 1129 karma points
    Feb 27, 2013 @ 17:22
    Barry Fogarty

I agree with Rich, double check your /bin folder and verify every DLL's purpose, perhaps against a test install of 4.7.1 - that will allow you to see if any packages / custom DLLs might be responsible.  The only way I can think of that happening is via DLL-based code hooking in to the Publish event.

Failing that check the CS files in the App_Code folder for the DocType alias.

Good luck!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft