Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graham Carr 277 posts 389 karma points
    Mar 12, 2013 @ 18:26
    Graham Carr

Publishing was cancelled by a 3rd party plugin

I have just downloaded and setup a fresh copy of the Umbraco 6.0.2 build. I have made no modifications or installed any 3rd party packages. All I have is a Base document type and a Home document type that derives from it. In the base document type I have some tabs and properties for SEO and Page properties all using out of the box data types.

However when trying to publish my "Home" node I am getting a bubble saying "Publishing was cancelled by a 3rd party plugin"

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the cause may be, or how to try and find out what the cause of this problem is??

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 12, 2013 @ 18:57
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Graham

This is a known bug in 6.0.2 unfortunately - have a look at this http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1860

On the flip side the bug is being fixed in the upcoming 6.0.3.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Mar 13, 2013 @ 08:59
    Graham Carr

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the reply.

This is a bit of a showstopper for me (and I am sure many others) and I want to use Umbraco 6 and not 4, therefore does anyone know if there is anything I can do in the short term to make it work until 6.0.3 is released? Obviously if you can't publish your documents then you are pretty much stuck!

Cheers,

Graham

Mar 13, 2013 @ 14:25
    Graham Carr

All sorted, I used the nightly build as specified in the link you sent, upgraded Umbraco and all works fine now. For those of you who don't have the link for the nightly build it is http://nightly.umbraco.org/umbraco%206.0.3/UmbracoCms.6.0.3-build.5.zip

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 13, 2013 @ 20:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Graham

I'm happy to hear you got it solved by upgrading to the latest nightly even though it's a frustrating experience.

However I believe that the worst is over now *fingers crossed* :)

/Jan

• Tom Martin 30 posts 72 karma points
    Mar 28, 2013 @ 18:49
    Tom Martin

I've had this problem and cannot go live with the client because of it - I've now put 6.0.3 release on and the problem still remains... Any further ideas? List of my packages are

uComponents

Config Tree

uGoLive

Desktop Media Uploader

FamFamFam Icon Package

Umbraco Contour

Contour Multilingual Country PrevalueSource

ExamineInspector

Twitter for Umbraco

Cultiv Search Engine Sitemap (Razor edition)

Robots.txt Editor

tswe.log4umbraco

Examine index admin

• Yan Xuekai 12 posts 42 karma points
    Apr 22, 2013 @ 10:19
    Yan Xuekai

Did you have set any Validation for any property of the node, and to make sure the property's value is valudate.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft