Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sundip 76 posts 339 karma points
    Mar 19, 2013 @ 20:48
    sundip

Japanese website!!

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right section to ask, but I am about to start bulding a Japanese website and the problem is characters turning into '???'.

Can anyone suggest the right way of doing the Japanese website from scratch? Few ideas would be fine to start with..

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 19, 2013 @ 21:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sundip

What version of IIS is being used? I've currently developed a site in russian where we had serious issues on the stage server but not problems on the local and live environment. In our case it was caused by a utility server that did some traffic redirecting using an isapi module. After upgrading the isapi module the problem on staging was solved.

However before we figured out this part we did a lot of googling and it turns out IIS6 has issues showing stuff like russian and japanese chars.

Also make sure that you're files are saved using UTF-8 encoding.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Mar 20, 2013 @ 18:19
    sundip

Hi Jan,

I am also running the same version of IIS as yours. My encoding is 'UTF-8'. I am not sure how to use that isapi module you mentioed.

How to solve?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 23, 2013 @ 13:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi sundip

Could it be an option for you to upgrade the server? Or will that require too much work?

The isapi stuff is just some rewriting we do in our setup - just forget about that for now. Seems it's creating some confusion :)

Have you checked the encoding in IIS? Does it also serve the site with utf-8 encoding?

/Jan

Mar 25, 2013 @ 17:45
    sundip

Hi Jan,

Upgrading server would not be the right option for me.

IIS encoding is the same.

I guess I will just use XSLT files as content for now.

Thank you for your kind help.

Sundip

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft