Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
I've added a new crop to my data type Image Cropper. I'm using the default Image Cropper, not CropUp.
At /umbraco/editMedia.aspx?id=1063 (Referred by: http://locahost.dev/umbraco/editMedia.aspx?id=1063): System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+. at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) at umbraco.editorControls.imagecropper.ImageTransform.Execute(String sourceFile, String name, Int32 cropX, Int32 cropY, Int32 cropWidth, Int32 cropHeight, Int32 sizeWidth, Int32 sizeHeight, Int64 quality) at umbraco.editorControls.imagecropper.ImageInfo.GenerateThumbnails(SaveData saveData, Config config) at umbraco.controls.ContentControl.saveClick(Object Sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
And now when I try to save any media I get the error above ?The error is pasted from the Log Manager.
What version of Umbraco are you using?
Is it an old version since you're not using CropUp?
Nope it's 220.127.116.11, and there is a shit load of XSLT I need to change if I switch to cropup.
Ok I see the problem then :)
What does the configuration of the image cropper datatype look like?
This is an old thread, but I had a GDI+ error on an old umbraco 4.7.0 website recently. It is hosted with godaddy.
Pages weren't saving due to the cropper being in the page. The error was as described in the question.
I then found that new media items weren't being saved, and it was also throwing an error when trying to create a directory. So... for me it was obviously permissions.
Logged into godaddy's plesk interface, into the file manager. From the root folder, you see the folders on the right hand side and an arrow next to the timestamps. the arrow gives you a change permissions option. Then into the permissions interface and make sure the user that is running the app pool has the required write / modifty permissions.
That solved my problem. Hopefully this will be of use to someone else trawling old issues with an old umbraco site :)
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted