Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sebastian Dammark 581 posts 1385 karma points
    Mar 21, 2013 @ 15:32
    Sebastian Dammark

Error when generating crops with ImageCropper

I've added a new crop to my data type Image Cropper. I'm using the default Image Cropper, not CropUp.

At /umbraco/editMedia.aspx?id=1063 (Referred by: http://locahost.dev/umbraco/editMedia.aspx?id=1063): System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+. at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) at umbraco.editorControls.imagecropper.ImageTransform.Execute(String sourceFile, String name, Int32 cropX, Int32 cropY, Int32 cropWidth, Int32 cropHeight, Int32 sizeWidth, Int32 sizeHeight, Int64 quality) at umbraco.editorControls.imagecropper.ImageInfo.GenerateThumbnails(SaveData saveData, Config config) at umbraco.controls.ContentControl.saveClick(Object Sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

And now when I try to save any media I get the error above ?
    The error is pasted from the Log Manager.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 21, 2013 @ 22:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sebastian

What version of Umbraco are you using?

Is it an old version since you're not using CropUp?

/Jan

• Sebastian Dammark 581 posts 1385 karma points
    Mar 22, 2013 @ 14:35
    Sebastian Dammark

Nope it's 4.7.1.1, and there is a shit load of XSLT I need to change if I switch to cropup.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 23, 2013 @ 13:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Ok I see the problem then :)

What does the configuration of the image cropper datatype look like?

/Jan

• Peter 89 posts 160 karma points
    Aug 12, 2015 @ 10:50
    Peter

This is an old thread, but I had a GDI+ error on an old umbraco 4.7.0 website recently. It is hosted with godaddy.

Pages weren't saving due to the cropper being in the page. The error was as described in the question.

I then found that new media items weren't being saved, and it was also throwing an error when trying to create a directory. So... for me it was obviously permissions.

Logged into godaddy's plesk interface, into the file manager. From the root folder, you see the folders on the right hand side and an arrow next to the timestamps. the arrow gives you a change permissions option. Then into the permissions interface and make sure the user that is running the app pool has the required write / modifty permissions.

That solved my problem. Hopefully this will be of use to someone else trawling old issues with an old umbraco site :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft