Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sekou Terry 4 posts 71 karma points
    Mar 21, 2013 @ 23:35
    Sekou Terry

Incorrect @levels after rearranging page hierarchy

I have my sub-navigation setup to display sub-pages based on the @level attribute. After I moved a bunch of content around, I noticed that pages dissapeared from the subnavigation on the actual website but were still there in the back-end. When I moved a page to the root level and then back, it showed up again in the subnav (the level was correct again). There are too many child pages to move all of them to the root and back, is there a way to reassign levels so they correspond correctly with the heirarchy?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Mar 21, 2013 @ 23:48
    Tom Fulton

What version of Umbraco are you using?  I wonder if you're experiencing symptoms of the recent "path" problems that was introduced in 4.10.  This was fixed in 4.11.4, and there's also a package to clean up your DB.

If that's the case you might want to think about upgrading and running that package.

-Tom

Mar 22, 2013 @ 00:44
    Sekou Terry

Currently using 4.11.3 :)... I'll try updating and seeing what happens, thanks.

Mar 22, 2013 @ 01:09
    Sekou Terry

I just ended up installing the package, running the script and rebuilding the cache using the "url" method on this page: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/api-cheatsheet/publishing-and-republishing everything is back in place, thanks man. 

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Mar 22, 2013 @ 04:27
    Tom Fulton

Great!  You should also upgrade to 4.11.5 otherwise it could happen again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft