Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John 4 posts 24 karma points
    Apr 04, 2013 @ 05:45
    John

Dynamically adding user controls/modules to a page

Hi, I'm new to umbraco and I need some help.  

We have a template design that requires me as a developer to let the content editors add multiple modules to a section of a page, eg. 2/3rd of the way down in the "what's on" section, the editor is able to add multiple "modules" consisting of an image, blurb and a text link.  Where this module is configurable to have the image on the left/right of the text.

I have thought of achieving this by creating a "What's On" folder underneath the current page and have the editor create a separate node where this node would have a content type so that he can use a dropdown to alter the image alignment.  But that doesn't seem like a very fluid way of doing things.  

I was hoping more in lines of doing all this within a tab, where the editor can simply click a "Add module" button.  

Is there such a thing in umbraco?  What is the best approach for this?

Thanks,
    John.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6147 posts 24056 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 04, 2013 @ 10:53
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi John,

If I understand you right, you don't need the "Add module" button. You could just renderer all modules that are under this page, without any buttons, just all published nodes.

Thanks,

Alex

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Apr 04, 2013 @ 10:56
    Rich Green

Hey John,

You could add a 'Module' DocType that sits under your Page and let your user add as many as they like, then use uComponents RenderTemplate to render them (the 'Module' would have it's own template).

Rich

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft