This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alessandro 21 posts 51 karma points
    Apr 17, 2013 @ 19:01
    Alessandro

"Master Content Type enabled" umbraco 6

Hi

Why in this scenario (look at the image), the message

Master Content Type enabled
    This Content Type uses MasterPage as a Master Content Type. Properties from Master Content Types are not shown and can only be edited on the Master Content Type itself

doesn't appears?

I'm using Umbraco v6.1.0-beta (Assembly version: 1.0.4842.36000)

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 17, 2013 @ 23:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Alessandro and welcome to our :)

What the message says is just that the properties set on the "MasterPage" document type, which is inherited to the "Hompage" document type should be edited on the "MasterPage" document type, which makes sense.

If you could edit the properties from the MasterPage on each of those document types that inherits them it could create all kind of weird issues. Ususally you want to define the more general properties on the MasterPage document type such as a SEO tab with fields for page title and meta description for instance.

On each of the children og the MasterPage document type you can easily add more properties to the SEO tab if it would make sense for a certain document type.

I hope the above makes sense to you.

/Jan

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Apr 18, 2013 @ 00:20
    Tom Fulton

Hi Alessandro,

Turns out 6.1 beta had a bug that stopped DocType Inheritance from working properly (details here).  It's been fixed in the latest nightly and will work properly once the final version of 6.1 is released.  If you need to work in the meantime, you should update to the latest nightlies, and if needed you can manually re-link inheritance in the existing doctypes you created with a DB update (see the thread linked above for details).

Jan, I think he was asking why that message *didn't* show ;)

-Tom

• Alessandro 21 posts 51 karma points
    Apr 18, 2013 @ 11:48
    Alessandro

Hi 

i guess that the problem is exactly that. However i've downloaded the nightly build 78 http://nightly.umbraco.org/umbraco%206.1.0/UmbracoCms.WebPI.6.1.0-build.78.zip but the strange behaviour remains. Only the manual insert in the cmsContentType2ContentType solve it.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Apr 20, 2013 @ 08:29
    Tom Fulton

Strange, it seems to be working for me - I built from source, though.  Maybe it hadn't made it to the nightly you downloaded yet, perhaps try a newer one?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft