Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Devin 87 posts 251 karma points
    May 03, 2013 @ 13:16
    Devin

Re-direct entire website

I have multiple websites within one Umbraco installation.

I recently deleted a website and wish to re-direct all traffic from that website to a specific page on a different website (within Umbraco).

At the moment, I've setup a template with this macro:

<umbraco:Macro redirectType="[#redirectType]" redirectURL="[#redirectTo]" Alias="GenericRedirect" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro> 

It re-directs traffic from www.domainname.com to www.otherdomainname.com/page.aspx.

The only problem is, if a user types in www.domainname.com/anypage.aspx it just gives them a 404 error.

Is there a way to re-direct ALL traffic from www.domainname.com to the page of my choice within Umbraco?

Thanks

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    May 06, 2013 @ 10:36
    Dave Woestenborghs

You can set up a URL rewrite. Either on IIS or in the UrlRewriting.config file

• Rick 10 posts 50 karma points
    May 30, 2013 @ 16:31
    Rick

You could also use this package: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/301-url-tracker

It will install a folder under you settings in the backend. If a site changes its name (or url), it will automatically redirects the old url to the new url.
    You could also manually create the redirect by simply choosing a page you want your url to redirect to and filling in the deleted or old url.

This would solve your problem. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft