Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ian Pettman 25 posts 53 karma points
    May 17, 2013 @ 11:31
    Ian Pettman

Text Page with right justification

Version umbraco 4.7.2

Bit of a novice. I have a mutilingual site. For Urdu I (apprently) need right justified text. Done a google and found a "solution" to create a new Master document type, which I have done in Master Document types.

I've  called it Text Page Rt and allowed templates "Text Page" and "Text Page Rt" (done the complimentry on "Text Page") ditto Structure. Added a content Tab where Ive added "Page Heading Rt" and "Content Rt" in Templates under header footer, I've added "Text Page Rt" and edited it so :

<%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/masterpages/HeaderFooter.master" AutoEventWireup="true" %>
    <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="Content" runat="server">
      <h1>
        <umbraco:Item field="pageHeading" runat="server" />
      </h1>
      <umbraco:Item field="content" runat="server" />
    </asp:Content>

But I need to get the contents right justified and I can't figuer out where I should do this for the pageHeading and the ritchTextEditor so I dont break other stuff....

Assume I'm really stupid please....

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    May 18, 2013 @ 23:35
    Charles Afford

Hi, where is the content coming from?  Umbraco?  Cannot see any css that is doing it?  what do you want the text to do?  Thanks.  Charlie.

May 19, 2013 @ 12:50
    Ian Pettman

Thanks Charlie for your time. The content is a standard umbraco text/html string field which contains html generated from the ritchTextEditor. If I add (manually) <p style="text-align: right;> then I get the desired effect. However in a mutilingual system I feel that a (person who is a ) content editor should not have to do this? There should be some way to set up "Text Page"s so that in a specific languges this is the default? Another post suggested configuering another instance of the ritchTextEditor to do this. So I created a new page template to host the (new) instance. I just dont know how to create the new instance and configuer it for right justification without messing the current instance of the ritchTextEditor?

May 19, 2013 @ 14:03
    Charles Afford

So you have a rich text property?  And you are rendering the contents of the property on to a html page using Html.Raw()??.  

May 19, 2013 @ 15:25
    Ian Pettman

Sorry, I dont seem to be explaining myself. I have (what I believe) is a standard umbraco 4 install using the standard umbraco ritchTextEditor. (I've take this over from a now departed worker). I've looked everywhere I can think to find the configueration of the ritchTextEditor (I can't find it). If you can tell me where to look, that might be half the battle. The user experience is: when a content editor (user) creates a new page they get a tab with Page Header (single line) and Content: Mutiple line;

Now I know this shows text right aligned, but when its published it only displays as right aligned when I manually hit the HTML button and edit the <p > attribute.

I'm trying to create a template that either has a right align option, or does it automatically. I dont know where to look to see if ths save / save publish options use html raw or indeed anything else. Sorry but as I said earlier, asume I'm stupid.

May 19, 2013 @ 16:27
    Charles Afford

I seeee :) simple.  Go to:

• Developer section
    • Click on data types
    • Click on rich text editor
    • In the setting select right left center align
    • These will now appear in the rich text editor :)

Hope this helps :)
    May 19, 2013 @ 19:26
    Ian Pettman

Brilliant, thanks. The one place I did not look. Why should I think that an editor is a data type... told you I was stupid. I've created another instance, still seems to have the same property guid but I guess thats ok. The adventure continues.

May 20, 2013 @ 09:48
    Charles Afford

Hi, no problem, could you mark this as solved.  I like the karma :P.  Charlie :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft