Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Flanagan 9 posts 39 karma points
    May 17, 2013 @ 14:27
    Mark Flanagan

Makes changes to a Carousel on website

Hi there, im new to the whole Umbraco setup and we had a site built two years ago in umbraco whom we no longer have dealings with but now i wish to change certain images and add extra items to my carousel.

Firstly my carousel is split in two on one side text and the other side is an image and below there are "dots" to show how many items will scroll. Now if i change an image it just doesnt show up on the website at all and if i add in more items so i have 5 dots instead of the previous 4 but they wont stay in the text side, they now stretch into the image side aswell is there any easy way to stretch/extend so the dots only show on the "text" side?

sorry if this is confusing  but im no developer or webdesigner so im completelty out of my league here.

many thanks

Mark

• Hundebol 167 posts 314 karma points
    May 17, 2013 @ 14:45
    Hundebol

Hi Mark,

It's very difficult to answer your question without having a look at you site.

Umbraco has no "standard" components, e.g. a Carousel - stuff like that is always custom work of the developer.
    So, it depends how the developer originally made the Carousel - whether or not it is possible to easily make the changes you want.

I'm sure we can help you out, but we need to not a little more about the setup

best regards, Brian

• Mark Flanagan 9 posts 39 karma points
    May 17, 2013 @ 14:56
    Mark Flanagan

HI Brian,

thanks for the Prompt reply.

I have figured out the images so im happy with that one but as for the dots ive no idea. I created a test site which ive been working on is it ok to post the URL on this forum to show you what i mean ?

thanks

Mark

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    May 18, 2013 @ 22:03
    Charles Afford

Hi, if you send the url to [email protected] i will take a look for would.  Send me what you want to happen ect.

I am suprised that the carousel images, text ect are not being managed by Umbraco?  Is this function you require.  Thus you could pull items from the media section into your carousel?

Charlie :)

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    May 18, 2013 @ 22:05
    Charles Afford

The dots will be counting the numbers items (images) in the array and rendering out some css based on that value, i assume

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft