Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jan Vermeerbergen 79 posts 112 karma points
    May 21, 2013 @ 18:36
    Jan Vermeerbergen

Rich text editor shows error when embedding youtube

On a page I have a rich text editor. As of lately I get an error when I try to embed a video through the "embed third party media" icon. When I paste my youtube link into the url field and click in the preview field, i get a message "error". We haven't done any updates to the site lately, so this is pretty strange. Any ideas?

here's a screenshot: http://awesomescreenshot.com/04a1auch3c

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    May 21, 2013 @ 19:06
    Tom Fulton

Hi Jan,

Which version of Umbraco are you using?  Seems to be working in most versions here, although I did run into a problem recently with the latest 6.1.

You might try running Fiddler or similar to check the requests after you hit tab on the url field - it does a couple webservice calls, maybe if you inspect the output of those you can get a better error message?

-Tom

May 24, 2013 @ 13:52
    Jan Vermeerbergen

Hi Tom,

i used fiddler and the problem was that I removed the umbraco.webservice.dll (forgot about that), due to the security issue recently. I updated the installation with the new dll file and everything works fine now. 

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction !

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    May 27, 2013 @ 01:47
    Tom Fulton

Ah, interesting - I didn't realize the plugin used those webservices.  Thanks for posting that, probably will come in handy soon :)

May 27, 2013 @ 10:39
    Jan Vermeerbergen

Tom, my best guess would be it uses the webservice.dll to generate the preview in the RTE. 

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Aug 14, 2013 @ 23:06
    Connie DeCinko

If that's the case then how do we fix this issue in a clean install of Umbraco 6.1.3? Do I need to add that .dll or is this on the bug list?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft