Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Justin Moore 41 posts 100 karma points
    Jun 20, 2013 @ 10:54
    Justin Moore

Implications of spaces in NodeTypeAlias

I've inherited a site that was on 4.7 and it's got spaces in the alias of the document types eg.  cmsContentType.alias value of "Library Document"

What are the implications of this? Some of them have had the spaces removed since I've been working on the site which is how I became aware of the issue. Does anyone know when the spaces would be removed?

I've got lots of nasty legacy code that uses the NodeTypeAlias with the space so I'm considering fixing up the spaces and then finding them all.

Also I have Properties that start with upper case. I know when editing a document type when you leave the alias field it converts this to lowercase, is there anywhere else that this would be altered?

What are the implications of leaving those doctypes with spaces and properties with uppercase as is?

Out of interest when was it even possible to create a docType with a space in the alias?

Jun 20, 2013 @ 10:59
    Justin Moore

Oh I have brackets in there too which get stripped out at some stage

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Jun 20, 2013 @ 11:46
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Justin,

There is no problem having spaces with the DocType Name. But if you are going to filter the docType then you will need to remove the spaces in your xslt or cshtml file.

That is instead of of doing something like

contentTypeAlias  == "docType Name" it should be contentTypeAlias == "docTypeName"

for the second part with property Aliases am not sure about it using Uppercase for the first character

Jun 20, 2013 @ 12:36
    Justin Moore

yeah I have loads of code using the nodeTypeAlias with the space and somewhere along the line Umbraco, or maybe Courier, cleans it up which breaks the legacy code.

I think my best bet is remove the spaces and brackets and then find all usages of the nodetypealias with the space.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft