Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Colemonts 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:57
    Peter Colemonts

Can't select mastertemplate

http://www.threes.be/wnl/2013-06-26_1247.png

Hi,

I'm new to umbraco. Worked before with other cms systems like drupal and smartsite ixperion.

I was following a video tutorial about creating the first website in umbraco, but it seems that i'm stuck at selecting a master template for the template Hone.

When i go to the template Home -> select the master template -> Save. Reload all nodes and select the home template again. The mastertemplate : 'Master' isn't selected anymore. Also when i want to insert the contentplaceholders from the master in the home template, it doesnt recognized the contentholders. I followed the video 2 times, but i came to this same issue twice.  Check picturen link above.

Can someone help me. Is there something that i've done wrong?

Thanks in advanced!

KR,

Peter

• Roni Biran 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jun 26, 2013 @ 13:46
    Roni Biran

Hi Peter,

From what I hear, you're trying to set a master template to your master template.

Try the following path:

1. Create a template under the "Templates" call it, let's say "Master"
      it should look something like this:
      <%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/umbraco/masterpages/default.master" AutoEventWireup="true" %>

<asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolderDefault" runat="server">

</asp:Content>

2. Now you can add content place holders in it, so it can look like this:
      <%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/umbraco/masterpages/default.master" AutoEventWireup="true" %>

<asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolderDefault" runat="server">

<asp:ContentPlaceHolder Id="content1" runat="server" />

</asp:Content>

3. Create an additional template under the Master template, let's call it "Content"
      <%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/masterpages/Master.master" AutoEventWireup="true" %>

<asp:content ContentPlaceHolderId="content1" runat="server">

</asp:content>

4. Now assign the template to a document type and have fun.
    Roni
  • Peter Colemonts 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 26, 2013 @ 15:14
    Peter Colemonts

Hi, thanks for your response.

Correct it seems to works when i create the templates in the template folder without creating the document types, but then there are no doctypes created for.

But if i choose to add a documenttype, the template will be automatically created.

Those are the steps:

1) add Documenttype called "Master" -> Automatically a template will be created for this doctype.

2) Add under doctype Master another doctype and call is "Content" Automatically a template will be created for this doctype. BUT this template will be in the root of the template folder and not under the template master. When opening the template content and selecting the master template for it. it doesnt save the changes. The template will stay in the root instead of going under the master template.

http://www.threes.be/wnl/root.png

• Roni Biran 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jun 26, 2013 @ 15:59
    Roni Biran

This is true. You will have to remove the checkbox from the "Create matching template" and choose it manually :-(

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft