Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Garrett Fisher 341 posts 496 karma points
    Sep 22, 2009 @ 15:42
    Garrett Fisher

Standard Fields not Showing Up When Creating New Document Type

Hi,

I've been creating some new document types, and I can't understand why fields such as Umbraco URL Name, Embraco URL Alias, Umbraco Redirect, and Hide in Navi don't show up by default?  If I create a new document type, and select "Textpage" as the Master Document Type, shouldn't the new object inherit the properties of the master??

Thanks,

Garrett

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Sep 22, 2009 @ 15:57
    Dirk De Grave

Garrett,

Master doc type properties don't show up on your child doc type, it will as soon as create a new document based on the child doc type. It's by design, and I don't see a reason to change that, do you?

Cheers,

/Dirk

Sep 22, 2009 @ 16:07
    Garrett Fisher

Thanks for the reply Dirk-- wow, there is some really good help in these forums! 

Let me re-phrase this question.  I am confused, because I created a document type called Downloads, which is just going to be a list of files available for download, and although I DID NOT ADD any fields (properties) to it, under the "Content" tab in teh UI, I am still seenig all of those fields I mentioned above PLUS "Header" and "Article Photo."  Where are these fields coming from? They are not even defined.  I have anotehr docum,ent type called "News" which I THINK I created in the exact same way, and this one does NOT have these fields.  What am I doing wrong?!

Thanks again,

Garrett

Sep 22, 2009 @ 16:08
    Garrett Fisher

I want to send you screenshots but it doesn't appear I can attach anything to a forum post.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Sep 22, 2009 @ 16:32
    Dirk De Grave

Garrett,

How does the document hierarchy look like, can you show us how the nodes are organized in the 'settings' section?

Example:

-Document Types

--Master document

---Text Page

---News

Cheers,

/Dirk

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft