Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David 2 posts 32 karma points
    Jul 02, 2013 @ 17:04
    David

Document Type Changes - Republished Required?

I have added a Generic Property to my base Document Type.  After doing a lot experimenting it appears that I have to do a [sitename]/Umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true before I can access the property from a macro.  I am new to Umbraco.  Is this typical or is there something else I can do to access the property after it has been created?

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 02, 2013 @ 18:15
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi David,

Welcome to Our Umbraco! When adding a new property to exisitng content nodes, you need to publish all of the content nodes that now have to the new property. You can do this by right clicking on your homepage root node and selecting publish, then checking the child pages option, be patient, depending on how many nodes you have this can take some time.

Hope that helps you?

Thanks,

Jeavon

• David 2 posts 32 karma points
    Jul 02, 2013 @ 19:12
    David

Thank you for the reply Jeavon.  Can you give me details on how this is different than doing the [sitename]/Umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true?

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 03, 2013 @ 00:37
    Jeavon Leopold

Using that URL just opens the dialog that you can get to by right clicking on the root node and selecting "Republish entire site", this flushes the entire cache. If you publish the home node and all children then it actaully publishes all nodes with the new properties. Generally I think what you are doing is fine but sometimes if there are default values, like if you have a drop down selection then I have found that you need to use the publish option instead to get it to set the value.

To answer your orginal question more specifically is to say that yes you do need to flush the cache by either using "Republish entire site" or by publishing your homepage and all children after adding a new property to existing content.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft