Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben Wyatt 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jul 23, 2013 @ 15:31
    Ben Wyatt

Change document type inheritance in Umbraco 6

Hi

I need to change the inheritance structure of my document types, so that a particular document type appears in a different location (has a different parent).

It looks like this is possible via a direct database update on the cmsContentType2ContentType table in SQL. I tried this and created a new content node and my new inheritance seems to be working.

However, this change isn't reflected in the Umbraco UI under Settings/Document Types. The document type looks like it's still in the old location. I've tried all the cache clearing methods I can think of but still have this issue. Any ideas?

Many thanks

Ben

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jul 24, 2013 @ 13:15
    Jeroen Breuer

You could try this package, but I don't know if it works on Umbraco 6: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/doc-type-extensions

Jeroen

• Martijn Bos 1 post 21 karma points
    Aug 01, 2013 @ 11:20
    Martijn Bos

Hi Ben, 

I am running into the same problem. I was wondering if you have found a solution?

Martijn 

• Arie 224 posts 675 karma points
    Oct 04, 2013 @ 22:59
    Arie

I ran into this when I was setting up a new site, so I don't know if my solution will do "bad things" to a site that has content. Here's how I 'moved' the data type to the root (I had inadvertently added it as a child of an existing type):

1. Export the data type.
    2. Delete the data type.
    3. In the XML-file you saved in step 1, delete the nodexyz.
    4. Import the data type from the XML-file.
    Umbraco: 6.1.5
  • Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Oct 05, 2013 @ 08:39
    Rich Green

The other option is to export all your DocTypes using uSiteBuilder Admin, then import them using the same.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft