Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon 3 posts 53 karma points
    Aug 05, 2013 @ 00:48
    Simon

Dynamic Grid Datatype problem, or alternative suggestions

I'm working on a site at the minute where the client needs to be able to create a number of tables that can easily be reused on several pages.

There doesn't seem to be a solution using standard data types (if someone can tell me otherwise, please do!), so I installed the Dynamic Grid Datatype (http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/dynamic-grid-data-type), which seems pertfect for my needs,

It's listed as untested with Umbraco 6, though it works fine locally in my Visual Studio project, however, when I try to install it on the server, the data is never saved.  When clicking publish, the bubble comes up to say it's been done and there are no errors in the logs. The node seems to be created in the database, but the dataNText field in cmsPropertyData is always null.

Could this be a permissions issues somewhere?  Does anyone have any idea of folders I should check permissions for?  Any other suggestions as to how I might fix this?

Alternatively, does anyone know of another solution to allow the client to create tables?  I would prefer to stay clear of the table option in the rich text editor as I ideally want full control over the formatting. I really need something that *just* stores the data (although I may end up going down that route if there are no alternatives)

Any assistance much appreciated!

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Aug 15, 2013 @ 10:10
    Dave Woestenborghs

The ucomponents package also contains a grid datatype which works fine here.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft