Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• joesaky 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 26, 2013 @ 17:24
    joesaky

Meta title/description to master file simply

Hi,

I am completely new to this, and simply peaking in to help a friend. His installation is in a foreign language,but i was hoping that i could either change the  language(back-end that is) temporarily to go in and create fileds for a meta title/meta description that he can fill up when he create/edit a page.

Not too sure if that's the way to go with umbraco and meta, because i wont learn the whole  thing just to have meta capability(weird enough that it's not native to the system already?!) but if it is i would love to be walkthrough so that i can guess what means what in the danish backend, without loosing a night learning that system.

(node/macro/snippet/feilds/views/master/templates/doctype/datatype....starts to be too much to disifer and cross-refference with his danish installation and the very little find online so far)

Any (stepbystep) tut would do, or a reply from the comunity would be cool, because now i stop searching for a detailed tut.

(I know how it sounds but i truely am looking for the eazy answer, job done for me. I just wanna help someone not really learn that whole system.

• joesaky 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 26, 2013 @ 17:28
    joesaky

My first  look pointed to this as a decent  way to achieve what i wanted to do, just couldn't find the right options.

http://www.mikeroyle.com/2010/12/add-meta-tags-umbraco-template/

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft