Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Brauer 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 31, 2013 @ 08:20
    Michael Brauer

Help! All Document Types & Media Types missing

I was modifying a few templates in 6.1.1 when all of the sudden all document types and media types went blank. As in — completely missing. It was the strangest thing, there's no way I could have accidentally pressed one button and lost every single document type I had, is there/ Without document types, I have no content showing on my website. It's all blank, and my website isn't accessible. It's the strangest thing. 

Any ideas? I've been working with Umbraco for a year and have never had content just disappear like this. Help!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 31, 2013 @ 09:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Michael and welcome to our :)

Wow, that sure is a really odd issue.

Can you tell us a bit more about your setup? Has this happened locally? What database are you running? Have you checked the umbracoLog files or the log table in the database to see if it provides some usefull information? And have you checked the server logs?

Is the umbraco.config in the app_data folder? And does it have any content?

/Jan

• Michael Brauer 2 posts 22 karma points
    Aug 31, 2013 @ 15:57
    Michael Brauer

Thanks, Jan. We just reset our server to a previous snapshot from yesterday, without losing any work which is good.

I think the problem is our company customized our project to the point where I can't make any template changes in Umbraco itself — I have to do it on the backend through Visual Studio. Does that happen often with your users?

Learning all of this on the go, I'm just a lowly web content manager trying to learn development. Thanks for the quick response!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 31, 2013 @ 16:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Michael

Ok, then it's probably some of the heavier devs that you need to ask exactly what they have done and why. It might just be an issue with permissions but it's hard for me to tell not knowing your organization and how many people are involved etc. etc. :)

I've seen this happen due to lack of permission for one reason or another but I don't recall anyone losing data or anything like that unless they have made som custom stuff.

So what kind of development are you trying to learn btw?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft