Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Christine 115 posts 288 karma points
    Sep 09, 2013 @ 21:40
    Christine
    0

    The template with Id does not exist, the page cannot render - WebMatrix

    Hello,

    I am trying to develop a site using Web Matrix.  All was working smoothly.  I closed web matrix and re-opened it.  Ran the site and got this error: 

    The template with Id 1058 does not exist, the page cannot render

     

    I accessed the back office but my templates, document types, and all my content are gone!  The only thing that remained are my css & js files.  When I look at the files in webmatrix I can see my master pages.

    just to add i'm using the built in database that umbraco comes with.

  • Rabea_M 22 posts 136 karma points
    Oct 30, 2018 @ 05:51
    Rabea_M
    0

    Did u find a solution to this issue? I am facing the same issue

  • Christine 115 posts 288 karma points
    Oct 30, 2018 @ 14:52
    Christine
    0

    Hi Rabea,

    This was from 2013 - I think I had just ditched webmatrix all together and did a manual instal on a dev server.

  • Alex Skrypnyk 5364 posts 19801 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Feb 05, 2019 @ 10:23
    Alex Skrypnyk
    0

    Hi

    For me republish of the web site helped, also save and publish root node is helping.

    Alex

  • Craig100 976 posts 2109 karma points c-trib
    Oct 05, 2019 @ 10:39
    Craig100
    0

    I have this problem also on a 7.1.6 site that's recently moved hosting. Republishing the page fixes it for a few hours then it returns. Mine's a picture gallery page which looks like this in umbraco.config:-

    <GalleryPage id="2115" parentID="2049" level="2" creatorID="0" sortOrder="8" createDate="2014-09-12T10:36:17" updateDate="2019-10-04T19:02:23" nodeName="Gallery" urlName="gallery" path="-1,2049,2115" isDoc="" nodeType="2114" creatorName="tighAdmin" writerName="tighAdmin" writerID="0" template="2113" nodeTypeAlias="GalleryPage">
    

    After some hours another block is added further towards the start of the file thus:-

       <GalleryPage id="3105" parentID="2049" level="2" creatorID="0" sortOrder="6" createDate="2014-09-12T10:21:01" updateDate="2014-09-12T10:35:37" nodeName="Gallery" urlName="gallery" path="-1,2049,3105" isDoc="" nodeType="3104" creatorName="tighAdmin" writerName="tighAdmin" writerID="0" template="3103" nodeTypeAlias="GalleryPage">
      <showInTopMenu>0</showInTopMenu>
      <pageTitle><![CDATA[Pictures of Tigh Ruaraidh]]></pageTitle>
      <gallery><![CDATA[2073,2074,2076,2075,2078,2077,2079,2080,2082,2081,2084,2083]]></gallery>
    </GalleryPage>
    

    Note that the id 3105 updateDate is 2014 yet the genuine page id 2115 updateDate is 2019. Also the sortOrder appears incorrect. While the numbers advance correctly in the file, there's only one Gallery page showing in the tree and it's the 2115 id.

    I've tried deleting all the Examine index files, the ClientDependency files and have searched the DB for the ids 3105, 3104 & 3103 but they're not there.

    If I rename umbraco.config so it gets recreated, the correct gallery page shows (id 2115). However, after several hours the node with id 3105 and therefore the error returns! I have no clue where it's being stored to be able to be rewritten into the umbraco.config file but I guess it's done on application pool recycling, hence the time it takes to happen.

    If anyone has any other clues as to how to approach fault finding this I'd love to hear them.

    Thanks.

    Craig

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft