Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Sep 25, 2013 @ 21:29
    Fuji Kusaka

Document Type stop working with Cascading Data Type

Has anyone uncountered this before when adding a new property field with cascadind Data Type Standard ?

After adding a new alias to the docType and save all the changes i got this message.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Dascoba.Umb.CascadingProperties.<>c__DisplayClass1f.<GetCascadingDataType>b__1e(ICascadingDataType cdt) +123
       System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault(IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) +172
       Dascoba.Umb.CascadingProperties.Helper.GetCascadingDataType(PropertyType propertyType) +199
       Dascoba.Umb.CascadingProperties.ContentTypeMapping.LoadConfiguration() +1641
       Dascoba.Umb.CascadingProperties.ContentTypeMapping..ctor(String contentTypeAlias) +72
       Dascoba.Umb.CascadingProperties.ApplicationEvents.HandleContentPage(Page contentPage) +535
       Dascoba.Umb.CascadingProperties.ApplicationEvents.umbracoPage_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +431
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +24
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +70
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +189
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3063

Both docType and Node display the same error message.

Any idea why ?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Sep 26, 2013 @ 19:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi mate

What version of Umbraco are you seeing this on?

Something of the back of my mind tells me I've seen some bug reports about this in some early version of 6...but not quite sure. Rings a bell somehow though.

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft