Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• reza 1 post 21 karma points
    Nov 04, 2013 @ 15:57
    reza

The template with Id 1157 does not exist, the page cannot render

Hi ...i am very new to Umbraco.

i am getting this errror "The template with Id 1157 does not exist, the page cannot render"

I have some other templates which are working fine and the template which is not working has the same kind of settings as the others have.

I also tried to delete the templae and create a new one...with no Luck. But the funny thing is if I publish the template, it works on the first try. But then it stops working again.

something must be very wrong somewhere but i just dont find it.

any help??

• hrdfsique 3 posts 23 karma points
    Mar 17, 2014 @ 20:42
    hrdfsique

I hope someone answers this soon.... I have had the EXACT same issue with no duplication of files or anything else that has been suggested elsewhere

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Mar 22, 2014 @ 15:20
    Charles Afford

Hey Sorry for the late reply hrdfs i have not been on the boards much this week.  The problem is your node is trying to render a template that does not exsist.

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Mar 22, 2014 @ 15:22
    Charles Afford

Which node are you trying to render and if you select that node in the content tree and click the properties tab what template is in the template drop down?

If you go to the settings tree and click on the template folder, can you see the template in that folder?

Thanks,

Charlie

• karen 186 posts 461 karma points
    Aug 07, 2014 @ 20:04
    karen

well this question a bit old, but I just had the exact same problem.
    The template does exist, was selected correctly in the dropdown etc and the page used to work, I had just re-arranged some things in the content and then this error.

Resaving and republishing the page hides the error, but the page wasn't being rendered correctly.

I ended up deleteing and recreating the page and then everything was fixed. 

• Bo Damgaard Mortensen 719 posts 1207 karma points
    Aug 11, 2014 @ 19:18
    Bo Damgaard Mortensen

Hi Karen,

What is the Umbraco version of the site where it happened? If you're able to recreate the problem, it would be nice if you could submit it as a bug on issues.umbraco.org :-)

• karen 186 posts 461 karma points
    Aug 11, 2014 @ 23:19
    karen

It is 6.2.1.

It only happened on 1 instance (dev) out of 3 (local, qa servers didn't have the issue).

I can't reproduce it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft