Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gaetan 8 posts 28 karma points
    Dec 06, 2013 @ 11:36
    Gaetan

Dynamic Content for non-developers

I am currently trying to develop a website with some form of dynamic content. What I mean by this is that a page is divided into several sections, and non-developers should be able to add and remove sections.

Like this: 

They should be able to add and remove Content Blocks from multiple pages. I don't know how to do this, because in my mind I can only create a set number of blocks, and then let them fill out the content. So the template/doctype contains for example 4 blocks, but without a developer it cannot contain more than 4 blocks, because the template/doctype needs to be edited to contain an extra block (Richt Text Editor).

Or perhaps there is another way that I am missing? I tought about creating some type of Custom ASP.NET Control, but I am unsure as to where this should fit into the story. Any help or suggestions on this matter?

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Dec 06, 2013 @ 11:45
    Kevin Jump

Hi

you should look at mentor web blocks http://www.mentorwebblocks.com/ written for umbraco and it sounds like it does what you need.

Dec 06, 2013 @ 11:53
    Gaetan

I cannot believe I didn't find that myself! I've been searching for a week for possible solutions. I'll give it a try!

Edit: I am working in Umbraco 6.1.6, and I don't think this version is supported... I get some weird behaviour, and it just won't work.

Dec 09, 2013 @ 10:18
    Gaetan

Does anyone have any other suggestion?

• Funka! 398 posts 661 karma points
    Dec 10, 2013 @ 02:07
    Funka!

Did "Container Document Types" ever make it into v7? Otherwise, take a look at the "Embedded Content" package? Best of luck to you!

• Mentor Digital 19 posts 135 karma points
    Dec 10, 2013 @ 22:13
    Mentor Digital

We are currently releasing the MVC version of Mentor Web Blocks for Umbraco V6.  Check out latest projects within the next couple of hours! :-)

Dec 12, 2013 @ 12:07
    Gaetan

Will do! I am now experimenting with some kind of subpages that I'm trying to render with a macro, but it's not really working. The subpages just show up as a list, instead of just rendering them...

• Mentor Digital 19 posts 135 karma points
    Dec 12, 2013 @ 12:16
    Mentor Digital

Okay cool, email craig at mentordigital.co.uk what you are trying to do and I can help further.  Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft