Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jan 17, 2014 @ 14:00
    Tom

Document type - structure hierarchy doesn't work properly

Hello,

I have encountered a curious problem with the structure hierarchy in the document types (umbraco v 4.11.8). I can (obviously) only create child nodes by using the templates that have been checked in the structure tab of the document type. But for some reason it doesn't work with one particular template.

No matter which templates I mark as possible child nodes, they don't match the templates offered when creating a new page in the content section. I have created three subpage with the same template a couple of months ago and I wanted to add a fourth page but it seems impossible now, although I was perfectly able to create the first three pages a while ago. Same doc type, same templates, same doc type structure. Nothing has been changed since the previous update.

I have no idea what may cause this problem, especially since there's no problem with the other templates.

Does someone have an idea where I should look for a cause/solution?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 19, 2014 @ 11:31
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

Are you sure nothing has changed? If someone disabled the allowed template on the doc type the first nodes can still have that template, but the new node can't have it.

Jeroen

• Tom 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jan 19, 2014 @ 13:34
    Tom

Hello Jeroen,

Yes, that's the first thing I thought of myself. I have also tried to change the allowed templates but this doesn't change anything in the content section. When creating a new page, I can chose 4 possible templates regardless of how many or which templates I've marked in the doc type structure tab.

I don't have a lot of experience with Umbraco yet, so it could be that I overlooked something. I'm sure I didn't change anything myself, but I guess you're right that something has changed. The problem is that besides me, there's only one colleague with access to the backend of the site, but he hasn't changed anything either. There's also just one doc type with this problem. I can change the allowed templates for any other doc type and create new pages according to the new settings.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft