Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• astumb 23 posts 43 karma points
    Feb 18, 2014 @ 10:55
    astumb

Removing created and default templates and files from tree structure

Hello guys, when I have installed umbraco I have also installed one of the starter kits, and now I am following one of the video tutorial about building a site in umbraco. Neddless to say, the number of files in the various folders is growing and I believe that it will soon become unmangeable and confusing. I was planning to delete everything (new templates and starter kit ones) unless there is a better way, like archiving or something so that all the files are out of the way but still accessible. What do you guys recommend?

thanks

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Feb 18, 2014 @ 12:33
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

If you want to delete everything you could also just start with a clean install. If it's just for learning it might be better to keep everything so you can use it as an example later.

Jeroen

Feb 18, 2014 @ 12:50
    astumb

OK thanks, so if I decide to remove everything I won't break it, will I? Yes it could be good to keep everything but there are too many files in the folders so I start to get confused now, unless, as I said there is a good way to organize files. Surely if you work on multiple projects there must be a way to arrange/keep projects and files separate in the same folder. SO for example, take the css folder: at the moment I have many css files from different projects, so is it possible to create subfolders in there?

thanks

Feb 18, 2014 @ 12:54
    Jeroen Breuer

What do you mean with different projects? Each time I start a new project/website in Umbraco I do it on a clean install. Usually it's 1 website per Umbraco installation.

Jeroen

Feb 18, 2014 @ 16:16
    astumb

Oh, is that the way it works? So everytime you start a new project you reinstall umbraco? I would have thought that you would install it once and that's it and do as many projects as you want on it

Feb 18, 2014 @ 16:26
    Jeroen Breuer

No each time I do a new install. Or in my case I start with the Hybrid Framework.

Jeroen

Feb 18, 2014 @ 16:28
    astumb

Fair enough, will do a clen reinstall as suggested then, thanks.

Feb 18, 2014 @ 17:19
    Jeroen Breuer

Please mark a post as the solution if it helped you.

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft