Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phillip Turner 98 posts 412 karma points
    Feb 19, 2014 @ 21:33
    Phillip Turner

Standard Properties in base (master) document type

Hi... new to Umbraco!

I saw somewhere that there are a few stardard properties you should add to your base/master document type.  If I remember correct, one was umbracoRedirect and another one was umbracoNaviHide.

Is there a list somewhere for these standard types?

Thanks in advanced.

Phillip

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 19, 2014 @ 22:39
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Phillip,

I don´t know if there is a list for the standard types. But I can say when I work with umbraco I only add the fields that I need for the customer. It is one of the forces that I see Umbraco has as I see it. By this you don´t get any unnecessary fields on your pages because you´re defining the fields for each page types (document type). But you´re rigthe that there are som bulid in funtionality if you gives a field a specific alias.

E.g umbracoNaviHide The "umbracoNaviHide" is an Umbraco convention for marking nodes which should not show up in a navigational context.
    It is normally added (or inherited) on every Document Type with a Data Type of "True/false".

When you see the umbracoNaviHide link you can see some others build in alias´s in Umbraco umbracoRedirect and so on.

But when I setup and new Umbraco installation I always create a Master document type and a master template where the other pages and documentypes can inhert from.

On the master documentype I add fields that should appear on every page such as body text. So I add some different tabs, like content, navigation and search engine optimization.

On the content tab I add basic fields, like heading, teaser, and bodytext. On the navigation I added navigation title, exclude from navigation (alias: umbracoNaviHide) If you´re planing to have a sitemap you could add a field using the true / false data to decide whether the page is displayed in the sitemap. On the
    search engine optimization tab I added fields for page title and meta description.

Here is also some infomation on Umbraco best practices http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/umbraco-best-practices

I hope that this is useful, If you have any other questions about this keep asking them. If you has other Umbraco questions Starte a new subject and Give so many oplysninger as possible, the makes the easier help.

/Dennis

• Phillip Turner 98 posts 412 karma points
    Feb 20, 2014 @ 16:27
    Phillip Turner

Thanks for the reply, Dennis!

These were the generic properties I was looking for:

Umbraco URL Name - umbracoUrlName - TextString
    Umbraco URL Alias - umbracoUrlAlias - TextString
    Umbraco Redirect - umbracoRedirect - Content Picker
    Hide in Navi -umbraocNaviHide - True/False
    Umbraco Internal Redirect ID - umbracoInternalRedirectId - Content Picker
    Show in Footer - showInFooter - True/False