Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• musab 4 posts 24 karma points
    Mar 15, 2014 @ 12:06
    musab

I'm so new to Umbraco I have 2 queations

Hi,

I am a web developer usually use php and wordpress to develop web sites, I had a project that has to be done, using Umbraco and I have two questions:

1. I have read this tutorial about creating forms:

http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/Mvc/forms

It is saying to create a view model, surface Controller, but where do I create them? In addition, how? Where do I paste that code they gave?

2. How do I install a theme if I just purchase one?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 15, 2014 @ 12:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi musab and welcome to our :)

What version of Umbraco are you using?

1: You'll need to download Visual Studio (The express edition or web developer edition are free and should be fine). But if you're working on an older version of Umbraco (v 4.9 or older) this guide is of no use since MVC was first introduced in version 4.10.

2: There is no marketplace for Umbraco themes that I'm aware of at least. But depending on the functionality you need perhaps the themes that are possible to choose from in the installation progress is sufficient

But Umbraco is not working like Wordpress so you will need to learn a lot of basics and also change your mindset to understand Umbraco I think.

Currently the best place to start learning all of the concepts in Umbraco is at http://umbraco.tv

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• musab 4 posts 24 karma points
    Mar 15, 2014 @ 13:35
    musab

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your reply

I'm currently using Microsoft WebMatrix locally on my machine, what version shout that be ? looking at my about tab on the right top it says 6..xxx

Also I have found some tempaltes here http://bindtuning.com/cms/umbraco

What's the different between those and the "Standard Website MVC" packages from Umbraco projects?

I'm very well at developing .net either c# and vb.net. I'm just new to the CMS

• Marc Love (uSkinned.net) 430 posts 1668 karma points
    Dec 18, 2014 @ 13:30
    Marc Love (uSkinned.net)

Hi Musab,

With BindTuning you get HTML templates that you can use to develop your website. There is no CMS integration so you have to develop all of the functionality yourself.

I have just launched a new service called uSkinned which provides professionally designed Umbraco Themes fully integrated with the Umbraco CMS. Included with each theme design is an intuitive CMS implementation of Umbraco that has been adapted over years of building Umbraco websites for a range of clients.

There are a few theme designs available at the moment with more soon to follow.

Cheers,

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft