Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter S 169 posts 587 karma points
    Mar 26, 2014 @ 11:26
    Peter S

Templates not showing up

I've started creating the document types and templates for our site. I started out with the Master document type and after that created a Home document type beneath it. While creating them I left the "Create matching template" checked but when I look under Settings > Templates I only find "Master". Where is my Home template? The Home.cshtml is created correctly in the Views folder and the template works fine. If I try to create a Home template manually it tells me that there's already a template named Home so why is it not showing up in my list of templates under Settings?

Mar 26, 2014 @ 11:59
    Peter S

Now an arrow showed up next to my Master template and when pressing it the Home template flashed and disappeared again. After reloading the page it once again shows and stayed showing.

What's going on here? :)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 26, 2014 @ 13:00
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Peter

What version of Umbraco are you using? And how did you install it? I suspect there might be a permissions related issue. Do you see any error messges in the console log of the browsers inspector tool? And have you checked the log file at /app_data/logs ?

/Jan

Mar 27, 2014 @ 11:41
    Peter S

Hi,

I'm using 7.0.4. Installed it via NuGet in Visual Studio 2012 and set it up using IIS express. I didn't think of checking the console log and since I've deleted the site and started over but if this reoccurs I'll make sure to check and get back to this.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 27, 2014 @ 11:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Peter

Ok - let us know if it happens again. It may as well have been a caching issue. If it happens again then try using the clear cache plugin for Chrome.

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft