Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Oct 29, 2009 @ 11:07
    Kim Andersen

YouTube videos and "Insert Video (flowplayer)" doesn't work in Firefox

On one of my sites, I need to insert some videos in my richtext content around the site.

One of the options is to use the build in function to insert embedded media. This is used for my YouTube videos, where I can insert a link to the YouTube video.

This works fine in Internet Explorer, Chrome, Opera and Safari, but not in Firefox.

I have also tried the package "Insert Video (flowplayer)", where I can insert flv-files from my media-library, and this is the same result. Works in every other browsers than Firefox.

I think that it's because Firefox needs the embed-tag to be able to show the videos. But neither of the two methods above generates that. How can I fix this? I really need to be able to show videos on the site. Also in Firefox :)

Anyone?

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Oct 29, 2009 @ 11:30
    dandrayne

Hi Kim

I can't really speak for the youtube tinymce plugin, but as for my little flowplayer package...

What version of firefox are you using?   The flowplayer package should certainly work in firefox - It's my main browser and I've tested it in 3.0.1 and 3.5 and as it uses swfobject it should work back as far as v2 and beyond. Flash embedding techniques are as old as the hills

Are you getting any javascript errors?  And is this on a public page that I could look at?

Dan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Oct 29, 2009 @ 12:00
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kim

Like Dan I would like to see the page. It should not be a problem to get it to work in Firefox. Can you evntually post the code if you don't want to show the site?

/Jan

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Oct 29, 2009 @ 13:05
    Kim Andersen

Hmm...

Maybe I'm just the stupid one. I tested it on two other computers with Firefox, and both of the videos worked just fine. So I think that it's my Firefox that's buggy.

But thanks anyway guys :D

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft