Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Urvesh Vekariya 1 post 21 karma points
    Apr 17, 2014 @ 12:23
    Urvesh Vekariya

Structuring Views using Logical folders

Hi,

We are creating a site having too many sub-domains. So, It will have more than 30 views created.

So, it will not be easy to manage Views folder in very well manner.

Thus, my question is - is there any way to manage views in different folders created Logically.

Example -

News sub-domain views will be in News folder under Views folder. Media sub-domain views will be in Media folder under Views folder.

Please find current image of Views folder.

Current Views Folder

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Apr 20, 2014 @ 18:11
    Charles Afford

Hi,

What is in the templates.  My gut feeling based on the naming coventions and amount of them.

The only way would be to create folders based on there type i guess.  So section and sectionhomepage and sections would go in a folder called sections?

What is in sections and sectionHomepage.

Charlie. :) 

• Troels Larsen 75 posts 280 karma points
    Apr 21, 2014 @ 09:24
    Troels Larsen

Hey Mate 

First off i would start with renaming pages like "Homepage" to HomePage to keep u own nameconvention after that i would move all "none landing pages" into partials (newsitem and so) on they should live in a folder called News under partials. 

what is the diffrerence between VenueLandingPage from VenuePage (could it be a List of Venues and a page that shows that actual Venue, then in my opinion u should name the view "ListVenueView" or in u case ListVenuePage 

Remember all this is just name conventions and personal belives :) 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft