Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Torbjørn 12 posts 32 karma points
    Nov 02, 2009 @ 11:29
    Torbjørn

Media stream

Question from an Umbraco newbie:

I would like my CMS users to be able to select a folder in the Media section as source of a slideshow.

How can I do that?

Second, how can I allow users to add multiple slideshows (folder-links) in a Document Type? Restriction is typically 0 to 5 slideshows allowed in each article (a document type).

Thanks a lot for your input!

Nov 02, 2009 @ 11:36
    Torbjørn

Ok, I think I've got the "select media folder" part of my question. I didn't know a Media Picker could also pick a folder, but that is the answer to my first question, as far as I can see.

I'm still wondering though how users can add multiple media links.

• Rasmus Berntsen 215 posts 253 karma points c-trib
    Nov 02, 2009 @ 12:11
    Rasmus Berntsen

I see two ways to create this from a basic umbraco installation:

1. The obvious - adding 5 properties with media picker as datatype.

2. Creating a new documenttype with only one property like "Media Folder" (still Media Picker). That way the user has the possibility to add multiple Media Folders below - for instance - a "Gallery" documenttype.

-Gallery

-- Media Folder

-- Media Folder

-- Media Folder

-- Media Folder

-- Media Folder

Then all you have to is to create an xslt which loops through all the nodes below the gallery (which again loops through every picture in the media folder).

Nov 02, 2009 @ 13:06
    Torbjørn

Right, of course - your second alternative is exactly what I need. Thank you :-)

• Stephan Lonntorp 195 posts 212 karma points
    Nov 02, 2009 @ 14:56
    Stephan Lonntorp

Or, you could use of of the many Multiple Media Custom Property DataTypes available here on our.umbraco.org, by using a multi-picker, your users will feel a lot freer when selecting slideshow folders, since they don't have to be nested together in any way.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft