Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hywel Bromby 33 posts 63 karma points
    Nov 10, 2009 @ 17:26
    Hywel Bromby

Hi

I have a site currently not using umbraco that has:  a .net web application with masterpages etc  (e.g. mydomain.com/home.aspx, mydomain.com/page1.aspx etc ) and also some standalone classic asp pages (mydomain.com/classicasppage1.asp etc)

I am/have moved the bulk of the .net webapplication to umbraco, but was wondering if there is any way to create a "Classic ASP" template with one multi line text box where i can just dump the classic asp code from the old pages

Once this is all set up i will dns the url to the new infrastructure, so the url structure must remain the same.

Any elp much appreciated.

Cheers

Hywel

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Nov 10, 2009 @ 17:39
    Warren Buckley

Hywel,
    If you need to keep the asp pages and cant port them over into .net usercontrols or code behind for masterpages then there is a way for you to keep your existing classic ASP pages.

In the web.config you can use modify the two lines to exclude paths & urls from Umbraco

<add key="umbracoReservedUrls" value="/config/splashes/booting.aspx,/install/default.aspx,/config/splashes/noNodes.aspx" />
    <add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="/umbraco/" />

Warren :)

• Richard Soeteman 4036 posts 12863 karma points MVP
    Nov 10, 2009 @ 20:53
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Hywel,

Asp is a different technique, so you can either put the logic in .net usercontrols and use that in umbraco as Warren suggested or run the asp pages in an Iframe and add modify the config file as Warren suggested.

Cheers,

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft