Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan 1288 posts 3921 karma points c-trib
    Nov 13, 2009 @ 10:55
    Dan

Move blog folder to home folder

Hi,

I'm installing the Blog4Umbraco package into my site.  It has appeared in the root node, but all of my other content is contained within a 'home' node.  So I need to move the blog folder into the home folder.  However, when I do this, I get the following error:

The current node is not allowed under the chosen node because of its type

I've made sure that all the 'Blog', 'BlogMaster', 'BlogPost' and 'RSS' templates are allowed under the homepage document type, but still the same error.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this?

Thanks all...

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Nov 13, 2009 @ 11:35
    dandrayne

In your settings tab, expand "document types" and find your homepage document type, then in the "structure" tab check the checkbox beside your blog homepage document type to allow it as a child of your homepage, then try the move again.

Dan

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Nov 13, 2009 @ 11:37
    dandrayne

Arf, next time I'll read your question.. sorry!

There's no reason to get the error if they're all allowed, and you only need to allow the "blog" type under your homepage.  Could you double check, then try again?

• Peter Duncanson 430 posts 1360 karma points c-trib
    Nov 13, 2009 @ 11:57
    Peter Duncanson

Sounds like the same problem I had, answer is here:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/templating/templates-and-document-types/5234-Over-write-base-page-values

Hope that helps

Pete

Nov 13, 2009 @ 12:57
    Dan

Hmm, thanks Peter, I tried that - I've inserted the nodeId of my master content type into the 'masterContentType' field of the Blog content type, but still get the same error message.

It's a bit of a frustrating problem to have really - it means that without hacking the database somehow I can't install the blog package on my site.  Big limitation really.

Nov 13, 2009 @ 13:26
    Dan

Ooops!  I was only selecting allowed templates not child node types!  *blush*

Thanks folks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft