Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AndyM 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 10:43
    AndyM

Templates and document types nodes not loading

Hi There,

My apologies if this has been answered previously but we're having a problem or problems with V4.6.1 which I'm struggling to find a fix for as there's a number of symptoms.

- When I click on templates nothing populates and if I try to create a new template that just disappears also.

- I can't make any changes to any of the pages except one all the rest just show our websites standard 404 error. 

- I can't view or edit these document types, these also just show our 404 error. However the document types are still there.

I have attempted to republish that section and restart the server and also transfer the pages over from our test site using Courier but this hasnt worked. I havent republished the entire site in case the problem is at an application level and I lose the remaining nodes due to the templates problem.

After having a look on the test server in the database cmsTemplates tables there seem to be significantly less templates list there and in the CMS backend application when you try to create a new page. Strange thing is the test server is still fully working.

site is... http://www.woodgroup-psn.com/ ;

trouble page is... http://www.woodgroup-psn.com/where-we-work/

The site is still running with the exception of the what we do node (on top menu) which produces no html output at all. As this is only happening on our production and not test environment it limits the amount of messing around I can do so any advide would be greatly appreciated. I realise we are on an old version of umbraco and we do plan to upgrade but would like get the site fixed before attmepting it.

Many thanks

Andy

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 10:46
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andy

Not sure what is going on but have you checked that the system disk is not running out of space?

/Jan

Jun 04, 2014 @ 10:59
    AndyM

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the speedy response. There's still 47gb of dispace left on the server... here's some more info about the setup we have in case it helps...

• Windows Server 2003
    • SQL Server 2008
    • umbraco 4.6.1 (1.0.4029.25836)
    What I have found this morning is that a few pages further down the node tree can still be edited but the templates for these pages don't appear in the list.
    Thanks
    Andy 
  • Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 04, 2014 @ 15:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andy

Ok...do you see some useful information in the umbracoLog table?

Perhaps permissions have been messed up somehow? Perhaps it's a good idea to double check permissions according to this http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/permissions

/Jan

Jun 19, 2014 @ 14:58
    AndyM

Sorry to resurrect this post though its a few days old but I've got an error message from the logs now. One of our internal applications guys is going to help me out but wondering if anyone new what was happening here. IIS give full control access to the master pages folder and when I create a new template it creates a new record in the templates table. But the edit template screen wont load and no templates are listed in the nodes... any pointers in the right direction would be great...

At /umbraco/settings/editNodeTypeNew.aspx?id=1039 (Referred by: http://www.woodgroup-psn.com/umbraco/): ;

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.     

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.get_MasterPageFile()     

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.getMasterPageContent()     

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.setupNode()     

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode..ctor(Int32 Id)     

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.GetMasterContentElement(Int32 masterTemplateId)     

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.ConvertToMasterPageSyntax(String templateDesign)     

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.SaveAsMasterPage()     

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.getMasterPageContent()     

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.setupNode()     

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode..ctor(Guid uniqueID)     

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.GetAllAsList()     

at umbraco.settings.EditContentTypeNew.bindTemplates()     

at umbraco.settings.EditContentTypeNew.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)     

at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)     

at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)     

at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)     

at umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)     

at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft