Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mel Lota 10 posts 51 karma points
    Aug 03, 2014 @ 11:30
    Mel Lota

Homepage with alternate content

Hi guys, 

I'm working on a client site which is using Umbraco v6.2.1. I have a requirement to make the homepage display a different branding and content depending on which domain the user comes to the site via. For example "www.foo.com" would show the standard branding but if the user came to the site via "clientname.foo.com" then they would see a different branding etc.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this. I'm thinking maybe of having the standard homepage doc type plus a 'homepage override' doc type which will allow the editors to set the relevant content. Then when the user visits the site, I would have a control which checks the URL and renders the correct template.

Has anyone done something similar, could this be accomplished by somehow dynamically settings the umbracoInternalRedirect url for the homepage?

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Aug 04, 2014 @ 09:28
    Dan Lister

Hi Mel,

Within in Umbraco, you could create an additional site by copying your current home page in Umbraco. This will allow you to specify a new domain for the site (clientname.foo.com) so that when a visitor uses the new domain, the visitor is shown the copied site. This should also help with content as you will have two home pages to add different content to.

If you wanted to change the template and styling then I'd suggest creating different templates so that your home page has two templates available to chose from. Each template could use a different style sheet reference.

Thanks, Dan.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft