Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Franclim 8 posts 27 karma points
    Nov 27, 2009 @ 15:59
    Franclim

data collections

Hi:
    I have a document type that represents products and each product must have a collections of acessories.
    Is there any data type (like a table field) that I can use in a property in my document? How can I develop such a data type?

I could have several child documents (of type AccessoryDocument) under the father document (of type ProductDocument). But that would disperse too much the content maintenance.
    I would prefer having a edition tab with a table where I could add (more and more) product accessories.

What’s the best way to go? Is there a way out-of-the-box or need I to develop (I don’t mind) one?

Thanks everyone,
    FS

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Nov 27, 2009 @ 17:27
    Dirk De Grave

Hi Franclim,

You could build it yourself (and share :p), but may get away already by using the available datatypes!

If your list of accesseries is rather static, you could use a checkbox list for that and add that as a property to the product document type.

If not, you could use the Multiple Tree picker available in the project section. It's not exactly the look and feel you're after, but it's already built and for free :p

Hope this helps.

/Dirk

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft