Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicky Christensen 19 posts 40 karma points
    Dec 03, 2009 @ 14:29
    Nicky Christensen

How do i include news and products on my frontpage

I've have my frontpage - Here i have some text and an image - But in the rightside of the frontpage, i want to display some products and news (I've created 2 document types for this) - How do i create document and news in the right side of my frontpage?

• Tommy Poulsen 514 posts 708 karma points
    Dec 03, 2009 @ 14:49
    Tommy Poulsen

Hi Nicky,you need to modify your template and add macros.

A first attempt would be to add 2 macros, one for your showing your products and one for showing your new. These macros could be either xslt or .Net controls. In xslt you can easily loop through a set of products- or news-nodes.

In your frontpage template you then probably want to add a right-panel section (e.g. using div's), and withing this section call your two new macros.

This is very overall, but try to get this working, and just post a question again.

Also you can get great inspiration from looking at existing xslt macros, and e.g. check out the Warrens starter package.

>Tommy

• Fredrik 41 posts 161 karma points
    Dec 03, 2009 @ 15:21
    Fredrik

You can use Kim Løwert's Runway News Library package, and modify the XSLT after your needs. This package will pull the latest newsitem you create  to the frontpage. (You decide how many newsitems wich will be displayed.)

Regards,
    Fredrik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft