Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Barrett 7 posts 26 karma points
    Oct 12, 2014 @ 21:30
    Mark Barrett

Hi, I'm completely new to Umbraco and so just starting on the journey. I've beenn running through the on-line tutorials and had managed to set-up numerous document types, content pages etc.

I've come back to carry on this evening and find stuff has gone missing. When I preview my site I can see that the articles and contact-us pages appear to be there, but when I click the links I get errors.

I've gone to the developer tool and the only thing that now shows is the home page, style sheets and scripts that I had created. The rest of the pages, document types and templates have all gone!  I've performed re-load which has had no effect.

Help for a newbie!  Thank

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 12, 2014 @ 21:40
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear of your problems. Do you know if you're using IISExpress and SQLCE as there is a known issue with this combination that manifests itself as you have described?

Jeavon

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 12, 2014 @ 21:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mark and welcome to our :)

That sounds like a bad experience - But let's see if we can figure something out.

So for starter, could you tell us

1. What exact version of Umbraco are you using?
    2. What database are you using?
    3. How are you running the site? Are you using visual studio, webmatrix or have you set it up manually in IIS?
    4. Does the trace log in /app_data/logs reveal any error messages that could tell us more?
    5. The errors you mention above - What do they say?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 12, 2014 @ 21:42
    Jan Skovgaard

...Too slow once again! :)

Oct 13, 2014 @ 10:36
    Mark Barrett

Thanks Jeavon & Jan. I believe that the issue I have experience is most likely due to WM3 and SQLCE. Will try again with SQL Server and let you know how I get on.

Oct 13, 2014 @ 10:36
    Mark Barrett

Thanks Jeavon & Jan. I believe that the issue I have experience is most likely due to WM3 and SQLCE. Will try again with SQL Server and let you know how I get on.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft