Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Freddy 5 posts 25 karma points
    Nov 18, 2014 @ 15:22
    Freddy

Children content throws 404 error

Hello all,

I have created a branch locator for one my client in umbraco. So the tree goes like

Stores > Country > City in the content pane. The document type is store > country > city also and they use one template called store.cshtml.

When I goto content create stores first it works fine but when I tried creating a country under it, I get 404 error.
    When I use mysite.com/NodeId to the country it works fine.. So it seems like a routing issue on my side.

I made some research here and I tried cpl things with no success. Anyone who can point me to the right direction, I would really appreciate it

Many thanks for your time and help,
    Fred

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 18, 2014 @ 15:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Freddy and welcome to our :)

What version of Umbraco are you using and is it the store locator package you're using or have you built some store locator yourself?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

• Freddy 5 posts 25 karma points
    Nov 18, 2014 @ 15:28
    Freddy

Hey Jan thx for the quick response :)

I am using Umbraco 7.0 with razor support.. I have built the logic myself but surely making some horrid mistake somewhere with routing the tree to the right content.
    Many thanks for your help in advance,

Fred

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 18, 2014 @ 17:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Freddy

Ok, could you show us a screendump from your content section in the backoffice so we can get an idea about how you have setup things?

And could you also share the code you're currently using? It's probably just some paths or some templates somewhere that is not being hit correctly or something like that.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft