Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• antao 81 posts 371 karma points
    Dec 02, 2014 @ 14:41
    antao

Template not displaying correctly

Hi all,

I have a 4.7.0. instance of umbraco running still in web.forms; There's a certain node that used to load a template 'x'. It's possible to change from the node it's given url, overriding a property 'pageNameUrl'.

Accessing the preview page every XSLT macro is rendered correctly and the selected template is applied. But whenever I try to reach the real url nothing is loaded (and I get a 404). If I change the 'pageNameUrl' for something else it will work.

I've deleted the umbraco.config file, repulished everything again with (http://domain/Umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true) to rebuild the cmsContentXml table again and restarted the app pool. None of it worked.

Any ideas? Thank you!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 04, 2014 @ 10:28
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Antao

What is the name of the page in question? Could the name be causing conflicts that may be the reason to this behavior?

/Jan

Dec 09, 2014 @ 09:47
    antao

Hi Jan, the page name is called 'Help'. Still couldn't find the root of this cause. :(

Dec 09, 2014 @ 09:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Antao

Does the issue remain if you try to rename the Help page to something else? Like "Get Help".

Just to see if it's some kind of weird naming conflict issue perhaps.

/Jan

Dec 10, 2014 @ 10:40
    antao

Hey Jan, this is 'my temporary fix' actually renamed it for 'Something different' (name) and it works A ok. Do you have any idea of the root issue?

Thanks a lot!

Dec 10, 2014 @ 19:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Antao

Hmm, that's interesting - What does the page structure look like? Do you have any redirects setup that could interfere and point at the 404 page?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft