Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chad Rosenthal 272 posts 474 karma points
    Dec 21, 2009 @ 23:25
    Chad Rosenthal

Question about changing the order that macro's are loaded.

I have LoginStatus XSLT and a .Net control that is part of the masterpage. I also have a login.aspx with a login control. The page also handles the logout functionality by going to login.aspx?mode=logout. Both of these items work, except for when they are on the same page.

My problem is that when I load up the logout page, the loginstatus doesn't update (to logout) since it seems to be running before the login macro can log the user out of the system. 

Is there a way to change this so that the Login macro runs first, and then the loginstatus macro?

Thanks,
    C

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Dec 22, 2009 @ 08:51
    Dirk De Grave

Chad,

It may not be what you'd want, but can't you use the LoginStatus asp.net control instead of the xslt? It's designed to work with asp.net login controls so that should work flawlessly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

• Chad Rosenthal 272 posts 474 karma points
    Dec 22, 2009 @ 15:01
    Chad Rosenthal

You are definitely correct, but we're trying to get nice and pretty HTML and the .net controls tend to create non-semantic and very ugly html. 

I think I'm going to have to just add a bit of coding into the loginstatus control that I made that checks to see if the querystring mode=logout exists and if so, shows the login functionality. Not ideal, but it works.

-C

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft