Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Leon 101 posts 489 karma points
    Jan 13, 2015 @ 18:47
    Leon

Help designing a showcase (newbe)

Hello.

I'm new to umbraco (and loving it so far), and I'd like some helpful ideas for creating a showcase. Here is what I have in mind. Could you let me know a good way to implement this:

Requirement - I hope this makes sense:

• List of Showcase Items on a front page (Only images in a responsive "grid")

• Individual Showcase Item to appear when you click on an item in the list.

• Showcase item detail (many types - could be just one or many on a page) - a list of detail items. A Showcase detail item can be a paragraph or an image with a paragraph or a wider with a narrower image etc...

What a user should be able to do:

• A user should be able to add a new showcase item and then add "showcase detail lines" to the showcase item. Showcase detail lines could be an image, a paragraph, two images... (different types).

My initial thoughts: Create the following document types:

• Showcase detail (types like img, img and text, 2 colmuns, 3 columns etc)
    • Showcase Item and then a macro to add all the relevant showcase detail items (I presume I can somehow create a relationship between a showcase item and its detail?)
    • Showcase page - a list of all showcase items (not created by the user)

Any help / ideas and suggestions would be great to start me off in the right direction.

Thanks.

Leon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft