Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• batmanflys 30 posts 41 karma points
    Dec 29, 2009 @ 08:04
    batmanflys

MS Word formatting

I have a client that really does not get it and wants to use MS Word to choose any font they have on their machine and bold, underline, color etc the content. grrr no end of discussion convinces them as they used to use Dreamweaver & word to do all this.

So I have set up the content channel for them and given their word access to channel. However any formatting they add to the content comes through updated ok but when you publish the pages the formatting all disappears and it reverts back to standard formatting.

I have installed tinyMCE as a last resort but will need to create 4 font types with 4 colours with 3 line heights and 4 font sizes. Quite a few combinations they want.

Any ideas on why Umbraco is removing the word formatting??

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Dec 29, 2009 @ 08:16
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

Just a wild guess but check the file Config/TinyMCE.config You'll see an Xml element called validElements and font is excluded from being valid. remove that and see what happens.

Cheers,

Richard

Dec 29, 2009 @ 08:59
    batmanflys

Should I include font in the validelements section, if so, what would i write as i see all the other elements have extra code after each??

Dec 29, 2009 @ 09:01
    batmanflys

additional: will that also maintain the colour and size selected in ms word??

Dec 29, 2009 @ 10:11
    batmanflys

So a bit of hunting around and I found the following valid elements addition. So I added it. Now I get the following error any ideas what I have done wrong??

font[face|size|color]

ERROR

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] umbraco.editorControls.tinymce.tinyMCEConfiguration.init() +1833 umbraco.editorControls.tinymce.tinyMCEConfiguration.get_Plugins() +14 umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.TinyMCE..ctor(IData Data, String Configuration) +1830 [ArgumentException: Incorrect TinyMCE configuration. Parameter name: Configuration] umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.TinyMCE..ctor(IData Data, String Configuration) +6415 umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.tinyMCE3dataType.get_DataEditor() +95 umbraco.controls.ContentControl.addControlNew(Property p, TabPage tp, String Caption) +87 umbraco.controls.ContentControl..ctor(Content c, publishModes CanPublish, String Id) +782 umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +368 System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint

Dec 30, 2009 @ 02:22
    batmanflys

Ok so solution for all. After much hunting around i found the code below which adds font type, size and colour selectors to tinymce editor

Add following code into tinymce config file and adjust the span in valid elements, adjust priority as needed

<command>
              <umbracoAlias>mcefontselect</umbracoAlias>
              <icon>images/editor/fontselect.png</icon>
              <tinyMceCommand value="" userInterface="true" frontendCommand="fontselect">fontselect</tinyMceCommand>
              <priority>75</priority>
    </command>
    <command>
              <umbracoAlias>mcefontsizeselect</umbracoAlias>
              <icon>images/editor/fontsizeselect.png</icon>
              <tinyMceCommand value="" userInterface="true" frontendCommand="fontsizeselect">fontsizeselect</tinyMceCommand>
              <priority>76</priority>
    </command>
    <command>
              <umbracoAlias>mceForeColor</umbracoAlias>
              <icon>images/editor/forecolor.gif</icon>
              <tinyMceCommand value="" userInterface="true" frontendCommand="forecolor">forecolor</tinyMceCommand>
              <priority>77</priority>
          </command>

VALID ELEMENTS

-span[class|align|style]

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft